Code Bounty: Arabic Translations Needed
SCOPE OF WORK
iHRIS English to Arabic Translations
1. Background and Objectives
CapacityPlus, the USAID global flagship project for human resources for health, has been
globally supporting human resources information system (HRIS) strengthening. In order to establish an effective regional HRIS presence in Arabic speaking countries where we have not implemented iHRIS or supported an existing HRIS, our documentation requires
The translation activities will be led by the CapacityPlus’ HRIS team.
2. Responsibilities and Detailed List of Tasks
- Work closely with CapacityPlus staff to ensure translation documents are available
- Maintain contact with HRIS Team throughout assignment
- Work with key staff to identify key documents and needed resources
- Work with HRIS Team to develop timeline
- Identify needed modifications in documents
- Ensure display of Arabic translations is acceptable and readable
3. Methodology and Available Resource Materials
The translator will have access to CapacityPlus and HRIS team members as well as all
documentation needed to be translated.
4. Deliverables and Reports
The main deliverables of the assignment will be:
- Translate from English into Arabic the following:
6. Period of Performance
The assignment will take place during December 2011-January 2012
7. Consultant Qualifications
The assignment will require a translator with demonstrable competencies and experiences in:
- Knowledge and experience in technical translations, specifically related to HRH and HRIS
- Fluency in English and Arabic
The translator hired to support the undertaking of the assignment should have a combination of the following sets of qualifications:
- Professional qualification in technical translations.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience in English and
- Knowledge and experience in HRH Information Systems
The interested candidates who are qualified should send their CVs and cover letter to
email@example.com before December 18, 2011. Cover letters should include the expected number of days to complete the translations, expected daily rate in US $ at 8 hrs/day. Please note, daily rates less than $50 are preferred.
- Each .xls file consists of a series of worksheets. Each worksheet
has two columns. The first column is the English text. The second
column is where the Arabic text should be placed (there are a few places where
there are existing Arabic translations)
- Under no circumstances should the first column be altered in any
way. If the translator happens to see a spelling error or some such
thing, then have the translator simply highlight the English.