Job Posting: iHRIS Developer - Africa Region
IntraHealth International is seeking an iHRIS Developer to be based in the Africa region. Read the full job details and apply online here.
This position is responsible for developing new modules and customizing implementations for the suite of iHRIS software products and increasing the in-country capacity to maintain and customize these systems through mentorship and formal training, and capacity building of individuals and institutions. The position will be expected to travel to field locations to train local developers and implementers in customizing and managing the software. This position requires a high level of expertise and experience in Open Source technologies. The iHRIS Developer – Africa Region will work with a considerable degree of independence and exercise professional judgment. This position will report to the Senior HRH Informatician.
- Provide training and mentoring to other developers working on IntraHealth-led software products, particularly the iHRIS platform of open source health workforce information software, including local development teams
- Collaborate with other members of the iHRIS development team to solve problems and improve the software
- Complete software development assignments to specifications provided within reasonable timeframes
- Ensure that all specified IT standards and other identified requirements are met in project development
- Active participation in routine iHRIS community activities such as routine community calls and meetings as appropriate
- Respond to questions on iHRIS software and implementations coming directly to the developer as well as the iHRIS mailing lists and websites such as Google Groups and Launchpad Answers
- Create and maintain all documentation as required, and regularly report on activities to the HRIS development team.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, software engineering, or related field and at least 4 years relevant experience. 3-5 years of experience in LAMP based technologies (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP). At least one year of experience working with iHRIS software.
- Ability to develop/customize HRIS Software and data models based on stated requirements such as use cases.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology training practices for groups and individuals.
- Ability to customize and deploy web-based (LAMP) software solutions.
- Proven ability to anticipate length and difficulty of task assignments, set project objectives, work on multiple tasks at once, anticipate problems and evaluate results.
- Ability to prioritize task assignments and use resources effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Additional desired qualifications include willingness to learn new technologies, ability to think logically and solve problems, ability to pay attention to detail and bring tasks to completion, and ability to work collaboratively and cooperate with others.
- Ability to travel up to 50% in Africa or other regions as required.