Code Bounty: eHealth Fellow Server Side Charts
Code-Bounty/eHealth Fellow – Server-Side Charts
CapacityPlus, the USAID global flagship project for Human Resources for Health, has been globally supporting human resources information system (HRIS) strengthening. One important goal of this work is to increase the use of data for decision and policy-making. The existing charting system relies on flash charts which has limited save and print functionality and does not work when the Flash software is not installed on user’s computers.
Scope of Work
The scope of work is to integrate the pChart charting library into the Custom Reporting module as a “drop-in” replacement for the existing Flash charts (Maani) found here.
The charting library, pChart is already incorporated into the iHRIS software here, but it is not integrated with the Custom Reporting module. To integrate the pChart software with the Custom Report module, a new module should be created that provides all of the functionality as the above Flash charting module.
eHealth Fellow Responsibilities and Detailed List of Tasks
- Work Closely with CapacityPlus/iHRIS team throughout assignment
- Document the PHP source code for the functionality as described in the SOW
- Write a wiki article at https://www.ihris.org/wiki/CapacityPlus%27s_iHRIS_Suite with screen-shots which details how to:
- describes the various charting options
- customize charting options (such as default colors and chart size)
- Write at least one blog article about the development process and which contains the consultant’s contact information
Methodology and Available Resource Materials
The chosen candidate will have access to CapacityPlus and HRIS team members as well as all needed software and documentation. The blue-print for this is project is at:
Period of Performance
The assignment will take place during March-August 2012
• Experience in object oriented programming and PHP
• Experience with XML
Interested and qualified candidates should send a CV and cover letter to Brooke Buchanan at email@example.com before May 31, 2012. Cover letters should include the expected number of days to complete the assignment, expected daily rate in US$ at 8 hrs/day. Please note, daily rates less than $50 are preferred.