Code Bounty: eHealth Fellow – eMail Alerts
Code-Bounty/eHealth Fellow – eMail Alerts
CapacityPlus, the USAID global flagship project for Human Resources for Health, has been globally supporting human resources information system (HRIS) strengthening. One important goal of this work is to increase the routine use of the iHRIS system for HR management activities. This fellowship will add the ability to easily create a per-user and per-role email alerting system for routine HR management tasks.
Scope of Work
The developer will provide an email alert administration page. From this page the administrator should be able to subscribe user to the HR management alerts. These alerts will be defined for iHRIS Manage and should include:
• Promotion of Position — an alert for when a person is eligible to promotion.
• Confirmation – an alert for when a person is due for confirmation into public service.
• Retirement – an alert for when a person is due for promotion.
From the alerts administrative page, the administrator should also be able to:
• Set the desired timing of the alert. For example, three months before promotion is due an alert should go out.
• Enable and disable alerts
• Edit the e-mail message that is sent to the user with the ability to substitute text from the report associated to the report (see below)
The sending of alerts should be initiated from the command-line with the view that a cron-job will be used to set them automatically. It is expected that:
• All data needed for the alerts will be part of a custom report defined specifically for the alert
• When determining if any reports need to be sent, the report will be queried given the date parameters set for the alert
• The system should also keep track of which alerts have already been sent out.
eHealth Fellow Responsibilities and Detailed List of Tasks
• Work Closely with CapacityPlus/iHRIS team
• Maintain contact with iHRIS team throughout assignment
• Work with the key staff at the Ministry of Health in Botswana to ensure that the dashboard meets their requirements.
• Document the PHP source code for the functionality as described in the SOW above
• Write a wiki article at http://open.intrahealth.org/ with screen-shots which details how to:
o enable/install the email alert module
o configure per-user email alerts for each of the activities
• Write at least one blog article about the development process and which contains the consultants contact information
Methodology and Available Resource Materials
The chosen candidate will have access to CapacityPlus and HRIS team members as well as all needed software and documentation. The blue-print for this is project is at:
Period of Performance
The assignment will take place during March-August 2012
• Experience in creating new forms in iHRIS
• Experience in object oriented programming and PHP
• Experience with XML
Interested and qualified candidates should send a CV and cover letter to Brooke Buchanan at email@example.com before April 1, 2012. Cover letters should include the expected number of days to complete the assignment, expected daily rate in US $ at 8 hrs/day. Please note, daily rates less than $50 are preferred.