Code Bounty: Latin America/Caribbean Region iHRIS Support
CapacityPlus, the USAID global flagship project for Human Resources for Health, has been globally supporting human resources information system (HRIS) strengthening. In the Latin American and Caribbean region, CapacityPlus is working with various organizations to support the establishment of national HRISs focusing on the health and social workforces. This eHealth Fellowship will provide key IT expertise in assessing and providing recommendations for establishing context-appropriate HRIS solutions.
Scope of Work
- Work Closely with CapacityPlus/iHRIS team throughout assignment
- Ability to travel to Latin America/Caribbean region countries as needed to work with ministries of health, IPPF affiliates or other organizations as identified by HRIS team. Work may include:
- identifying gaps between iHRIS software and an organization's business requirements
- identifying resources (human, financial, infrastructural, etc.) needed by an organization's iHRIS
- provide "first-tier" support for countries implementing iHRIS in the Latin America/Caribbean region
- performing iHRIS demonstrations, either in person or virtually via Elluminate and/or Skype
- Write at least one blog article about personal experience during consultancy which contains contact information
- Establish a moderated social networking forum for persons in the region working with or interested in iHRIS via Facebook, Google Groups or other social networking software.
Methodology and Available Resource Materials
The chosen candidate will have access to CapacityPlus and HRIS team members as well as all needed software and documentation.
Varies, but must reside within one of the Latin American or Caribbean countries.
Period of Performance
The assignment will take place between June and September 2012 for a maximum of 20 total days.
- Experience with the iHRIS software
- Ability to travel to in the Latin American region as needed
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Experience working with ministries of health
- Excellent communications skills
Interested applicants should send a proposal on company letterhead that includes estimated project timeframe, cost, and all deliverables as outlined in the SOW to Brooke Buchanan at firstname.lastname@example.org