Code Bounty: iHRIS Release and Bug Manager
CapacityPlus, the USAID global flagship project for Human Resources for Health, has been globally supporting human resources information system (HRIS) strengthening. This eHealth fellow will work to improve bug management and release processes of the iHRIS Suite of software as well to ensure that they are continuously and consistently followed.
Scope of Work
- Work closely with CapacityPlus/iHRIS team throughout assignment
- Responsible for iHRIS bug management
- Post bugs reported in email across the iHRIS platform as well as country implementations where relevant
- Prioritize bugs and target for release
- Assign bugs to developers
- Ensure needed information is included in bug reports
- Reinforce proper bug reporting procedures with the iHRIS community
- Responsible for release documentation and packaging of iHRIS:
- Run release scripts to package iHRIS software
- Update release related documentation, both manually and automatically via scripts, on wiki and other relevant places
- Write and send out release announcements
- Improve any release processes and scripts as needed
- Document all release and bug management process followed
- Write at least one blog article about personal experience during consultancy which contains contact information
- Establish a moderated social networking forum for persons in the region working with or interested in iHRIS via Facebook, Google Groups or other social networking software.
Methodology and Available Resource Materials
The chosen candidate will have access to CapacityPlus and HRIS team members as well as all needed software and documentation.
Global, but based in a country of iHRIS implementation is preferred.
Period of Performance
The assignment will take place between September 2012 and March 2013 for a maximum of 25 total days.
Interested applicants should send a proposal on company letterhead that includes estimated project timeframe, cost, and all deliverables as outlined in the SOW to Brooke Buchanan at email@example.com.
- Experience with the iHRIS software
- Ability to communicate in English via email and online chats